What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droopping leaves on D. Aldeala

Why baby sundews leaves are drooping, It's still green, whats should i do to fix this problem?

It would help a lot if you gave us some detail on your growing conditions: location, container, lighting, temps, type of water and how much, etc.

And when you say "drooping", what do you mean? Are they just pointing downward? Look limp? Dried up? Yellow?

Its kinda like calling a dr. when you're sick and saying "I don't feel good...what's wrong with me?"  
smile.gif
 We need some info to make a diagnosis.

It's in a terrarium, next to a window, plenty of filtered light, 80-85 degrees, Distilled water, a few drops around the plant every morning and night, the ends of the leaves are pointing down a little.

My incredibly green D. adelae, with 5 plantlets, sends up new leaves that point up, but after several weeks they end up pointing downward. It is very dewy and keeps sending up new leaves with regularity. I have no reason to think that there is anything abnormal about leaves that point downward or sag, after several weeks. What color are your leaves, including the oldest ones? Are the leaves dewy?

The old leaves on mine lose the dew and dry up after a while. Not sure if its normal or not though. I usually have anywhere from 3-5 dewy leaves, depending on if the plant has been dryed out or not. I'm upping the amount of water it gets, so we'll see if that changes anything.

Back