What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. dichotoma coming out of dormancy.

Here's a pic of my D. dichotoma's first leaves of the season. It completely died back over the winter, and I was pleased to see it come back finally.

D_dichotoma.sized.jpg

Capslock

Mine went in to dormancy last August and came out in December.  Very odd timing.  It and its'  five offspring have taken over the top shelf of my grow area and three have flowered.
You will soon be looking for a new place to put it and might I suggest that they make very attractive hanging baskets.
smile.gif

Shows what a difference 40 miles can make.. My dichotoma (a cutting from Capslock's plant) never died back at all. I think the only difference in conditions is he grows his outdoors in San Francisco and I grow mine outdoors in San Jose. Mine did slow down growth over the winter months but it always had healthy leaves and new growth comming. Now with the onset of spring it has gone completely insane. I cant wait for it to start making the multiple branches.

Cheers
Steve

Glad to hear that,nice pic by the way!
smile.gif

Back