What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. slackii catches big fly

I love when my sundews get BIG insects. OK, this one isn't huge, but it's a good snag for my D. slackii, which really curles it's leaves over prey. It's the folded over leaf:
D_slackii_2.sized.jpg

Here's a closeup of the leaf with the fly:
D_slackii_bug2.sized.jpg

Capslock

Nice! I also love it when droseras try to supersize their meal! Here's a shot of one of my d. hamiltonii - it took two leaves to envelop a large spider. It caught it on its own, too!

hamiltonii6.sized.jpg

Vivid beautiful pics! I wonder if anyone has ever thought about doing a psychological profile us folks
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 10 2004,6:02)]Vivid beautiful pics! I wonder if anyone has ever thought about doing a psychological profile us folks  
rock.gif
They'd find some weird results on those profiles...

Nice photo and plant Capslock.
smile.gif
I see there were two lazy tentacles that didn't feel like doing any bug eating. Maybe they weren't hungry.

Noah...thats an awsome photo too. Reminds me of my capensis that rolled around a large moth.

What a beauty! It looks different from either of the 2 clones I cultivate, so if you ever have a spare I would be interested in making an exchange. I notice my plant is offsetting which this species seems to do periodically.

I had a printout of CP books from Barnes & Noble and seem to remember an author by the last name of Slack. Was this species named after that individual?

Hi,

Yes, Drosera slackii is named after Adrian Slack. The Title of his book is 'Carnivorous Plants'

Here is a picture of one of my yet to be identified Drosera, that caught a fly.

drosera1.jpg

Christian

Back