What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ahh, help

• Thread starter Warped54321
  • Start date
W

Warped54321

Both of my drosera adelaes are flowering, YAY!

I hate to admit it but this is the first carnivorous plant i've had to flower. (Although It's still a bunch of buds there is a pretty very small red flower that bloomed this morning.
biggrin.gif
)

Ok the questions are what do I do, Do i just let them run their course? Do they self polinate? Is their something special I should do to get the seeds? Is their something special I'm suppose to do with the seeds after I get them (if I get them)?

I am guessing by the red flower that this is Drosera adelae. This species makes few if any seeds, usually requiring a plant from a different population for cross pollination.

The flowers will open successively, one after the other. You have nothing to do but enjoy the show. My plants seem to want to die back after they flower, so don't be surprised if yours do this. The plant always regrows from its roots for me.

2004418163945846.jpg

200441816407166.jpg

my adelae was nearly 2 years in my home,still no flower:(
why???
rex

Back