What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a new camera...

This new camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ10) takes pretty good closeups, it turns out. This is the first closeup I've tried with this, and didn't use a tripod or anything. I like how helpless the insect seems.
tounge.gif

D_slackii_3.sized.jpg

Capslock

Wow, nice tentacles! I would give up to half my kingdom for a camera like that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2004,10:10)]Wow, nice tentacles! I would give up to half my kingdom for a camera like that!
OH YA? I'll give you a Pizza for it! But my pizza's are REALLY good.... ;)

Wonderful shot Capslock!  How can anyone NOT be fascinated by a plant that can DO that...curl down just the tentacles needed to ensnare the bug and grip it like that.

I will always be a 'dew gal.  Forget those nep pitchers that just sit there!  Give me deadly, reaching, grabbing tentacles and sparkly diamond "dew" any day!  
biggrin.gif

Beautiful!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ April 27 2004,6:24)]I will always be a 'dew gal.  Forget those nep pitchers that just sit there!  Give me deadly, reaching, grabbing tentacles and sparkly diamond "dew" any day!  
biggrin.gif

Beautiful!
You should have been at the LACPS meeting. I brought in the killing fields and did a small presentation. I started off by throwing 8 live flies into the tank. Needless to say, they all died....(the flies, not the LACPS members)

DSCN0703.JPG

Back