What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with sundew

Hello, I ordered two sundews from Petflytrap.com. They arrived, although mailing wasn't easy on them. One of them died, and the other just barely made it. The leaves fell off, but a few new leaves started on the top. However, the stalk was in bad shape and looked like it wasn't going to make it, so I cut off the top that had growing stalk and leaves, and I stuck that part directly into the soil. Do you think this will regrow roots and survive?

What sundew is it? Generally speaking, anything that is green and growing ought not be cut off. I wouldn't put my money on survival of the stem, but ....
When a plant is in shock, unless you have Super Thrive, it has been effective to keep the plant in stable conditions, saturated, and covered for a few days.

It's a Drosera Adelae. Hopefully it will recover and start growing, or else I will buy a couple more and see if I can get a better result.

some plantlets may appear from the roots. i wouldnt toss the plants even if they appear dead for a several weeks.

Rattler

I would contact the owners of this site I think they have a policy for plants that don`t make it.

I wouldn't call it quits yet, I've had sundews stop growth for monthes and then come back full force. Don't give up the fight untill the bulb turns to mush. Good luck.
smile.gif

Back