What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siamese sundew?

Why is my Sundew doing this?
248DSCN1999-med.JPG

248DSCN2001-med.JPG

248DSCN2002-med.JPG

I got them last night at Franks
A TC accident maybe?

Looks like D. spatulata pretending it's a forked sundew.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Ontology recapitulates phyllogeny. Look that up in your Funk and Wagnall's, lol.

um, can i have that in english tam?
lol im only in high school still
tounge.gif

I remember that phrase! I think (correct me if I am wrong) that refers to a species perpetuating the genetic characteristics of the previous generation. Guppies produce guppies. Something like that.

I thought it was a developing embrio's stages resemble evolutionary stages... is that plant doing that consistently?!  Woot! new cultivar if it is
smile.gif

Edit: ... yes, I will admit it. That phrase is used in everyday speach in my familly, lol... I is ah odd t'ing

Yes, the plant was in vitro too long... Its still thinking its in tissue culture, and its still dividing!
biggrin.gif

hmmm, maybe if it keeps growing like dat, it could be a new Cultivar like Darcie Said
biggrin.gif

D. Spatulata cv. Siamese
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

If you are using "Siamese" in reference to "Siamese twin"...that is very outdated term. The correct term is "conjoined"...as in conjoined twins. Siamese twin is now considered to be rude and disparaging...same as its rude to call a deaf person "deaf and dumb" (another big no-no!).

That is the Political Correctness lesson for the day.
smile.gif

Neat looking plant. Maybe you should try a leaf cutting of a "conjoined" leaf and see how its offspring grows.

hmmm...
sry bout that PAK
D.Spatulata cv. Hearts
the leaves look like hearts
biggrin.gif

they would be a great gift to some 1 on valentines day
laugh.gif

for drosera cuttings, can u use some rooting powder on them?
Hellz

The developing embryo goes through distinct phases similar to its evolutionary percursors. Well, it might not apply, but you can see how there is a tendency of division in that notched lamina. Think of D. schizandra, or more extremely, D. binata.

Back