What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics of sundews in progress...

First...for Tamlin, here's your surprise...well...actually it's in a box being mailed in the am.
smile.gif

D_falconeri_640.jpg

And a shot of the roots just so you can drool a little ;)

D_falconeri_roots_640.jpg

Now for the sundews in progress...

D. cuneifolia

D_cuneifolia_closeup.jpg

D. foliosa "Lysterfield"

D_foliosa_Lysterfield_closeup.jpg

D. intermedia Rorimae x D. capillaris "Long Arm"

D_intermedia_Rorimae_x_capillaris_longarm_closeup.jpg

D. peltata Anglesia

D_peltata_Anglesia_closeup.jpg

Nice work Vertigo, and thanks for replacing my lost D. falconeri: that is a fine plant! I had expected but a small little leaf start so my day has suddenly become sunny!

I dunno about those D. cuneifolia, something doesn't feel right, but it could be just that they are small.

Hehehe, that falconeri is doing better and putting out larger leaves than the mother plant.
tounge.gif

I'm keeping my eye on the cuneifolia. I know what you mean. It seemed a tad rounded for some reason. The growth rate is starting to pick up, otherwise i'm keeping a distance and just snapping photos every so often.
smile.gif

Leave em alone if they're growing is a good plan. I question the ID (and I may very well be wrong!) due to the nature of the petiole, which is distinct from the lamina. D. cuneifolia has almost no petiole at all. These look rather like D. aliciae to me eye, but really only time will tell. I hope they prove to be D. cuneifolia. We certainly need to get this species around more than it is.

I can see what Tamlin means, but I would wait and see what develops. The one time I raised this species from seed, when they were a little older the looked like D. aliciae leaves cut in half, with the petiole remobved and the rest scrunched in. That was explained really badly. They were very wide-leaved.

Joe

Back