What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weeee

Hi,
I bought a b. liniflora from cc in december, and it died and made seeds. The seeds sprouted and now I have these two! (they made seeds also). The fun part is they always flower and open their seed pods on the day and time. (well on the same day, but the seed pods open the same time)

P.S. how long do they live after they flower? these ones have flowered 3 or 4 times...

Congratulations! You're a father! That settles it - you're just gonna have to be renamed: Byblisdude!

My byblis have been blooming since i bought them, which was 6 months ago. Keeep them warm, moist, and well lit, and they'll last a long time.

heh thanks Jim byblis doesn't ryme with dude
sad.gif
lol.

d. muscipula: Actually I barely ever water them, they seem to be doing well tho.
smile.gif
. post a pic of yours!!

Ebeyonder: yeah I really liked your b. liniflora!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]heh thanks Jim byblis doesn't ryme with dude
sad.gif
 lol.

It doesn't rhyme, but I think the term you're looking for is alliteration, although i sometimes confuse that with other words.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I barely ever water them, they seem to be doing well tho.  
smile.gif
 . post a pic of yours!!

I definitely doesn't like to be soggy, but if you let it get too dry, it'll all be over until the next batch of seedlings grows.

20031115-CP-Byblis%20liniflora-NECPS%20auction%20loot-6%20bucks.jpg

My $6 NECPS silent auction bargain in October.

20040123-CP-Byblis%20liniflora.jpg

In January

20040313-CP-B.liniflora%20(Byblis).jpg

In March

And they're out of control now.  If you look closely at the January photo, you can see all the seedlings from seed pods that i missed.

I think there would be a few folks out there that would be happy to take some off your hands.
biggrin.gif

hey I remember when you said you got that for 6 bucks! Looks great now
biggrin.gif
. I like the red color. I'm trying to get mine to have some green and some red.

Droseradude,
Your photo at the top of this thread looks pink or reddish. Most B. liniflora flowers that I have seen are blue or purple. Is this the true color of your flower or is it an artifact of the lighting?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 17 2004,10:47)]I think there would be a few folks out there that would be happy to take some off your hands.  
biggrin.gif
Yeah, well, those are just the ones that got away...  
biggrin.gif

I really would rather not be growing it in a shallow tray with uneven substrate... that's the way it came.  The seller said he was propagating VFTs and the Byblis volunteered (there are VFT seedlings in there, too).

Funny thing is, i've donated seed from it to the NECPS auction twice, and it's sold for $6 or more both times.  
cool.gif

But that reminds me... off to the trades forum. Edit: Hmmm... Copper seems to have things well in hand. I'll augment her supply when i've collected some.

Droseradude:  Your plant doesn't look any less red and green than these, although the light does make it hard to tell.

Back