What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa

Didn't look so good inside, so I decided to put it out in the sun and crank up the heat a little.  Sometimes it gets up to 130f, and then I stopped checking.  
smile_n_32.gif
 Btw, that's outside of the glass container.  
smile_m_32.gif

D. paradoxa "King Edward River"
D%20paradoxa%20steamy.jpg

The petiolaris like the heat, and also appreciate good humidity with air circulation. The older leaves tend to rot off if conditions are overly wet and humid, but with good air circulation they remain looking good. The result is a globe of arms all with traps on the ends. I love these plants, they grow in 3 dimensional space rather than being flatlanders!

Air circulation's the next step. I had to do this to kick it into quick active growth at the last second. Seemed to help as all the new growth is a brilliant red. Now to just leave the door open a little at a time.

I would be very careful with glass containers, especially during the summer, as even these plants can overheat. I left a couple of these plants outdoors under a plastic container and when the heatwave hit, a couple of my paradoxa plants died back, but are regrowing. The pot that these plants were growing in was too hot to touch! Most other cps would have been cooked...

Back