What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera

I have had this one drosera (capensis) id'd for me before by the forums, but I need it again as I was too lazy to label it the first time. I have d. alba, but the plant has a hint of pink to it. It isn't colorless by any means but it is a far cry from a d. capensis typical. Plantakiss helped me out with it before, so anyone that can help, thanks

Drosera capensis 'alba' (i assume thats your plant?) can be a bit pink in the tenticles at time.

The 'alba' of D. capensis 'alba' refers to the white flowers rather than the plant itself. It will attain a pinkish colouration to the glands when grown in good light.

D.cap 'albino'? Then that's not the right name (I don't know how I came to know of capensis, though, I live in a place where no one can grow it...)
smile_m_32.gif

Might put it it a freezer though...at what temps does D.capensis grow at? I know this is just about the newbiest question one can ask, but I've never grown it b4 (yes I have mistakenly, but it 'DIED') after trying to flower.

Back