What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis seed

sorry kirk lol
ok I got some byblis gigantea seed. I put 4 or 5 or something in a plastic cup of water with a piece of smoke disc. I'm going to take them out on wednesday. What should I do then? put them on lfs or peat? Thanks,
droseradude

I think your supposed to use like a mix of 2 parts sand(or perlite)\1 part peat or somethin` like that.

use 1 pt peat and also 2 pt perlite? I think that's the soil mix that plants are grown in. I want to know the soil mixt I should use to sprout the seeds on. Thanks,
droseradude

well I'm going to put the seeds on long fibered sphagnum. Since it takes months to germinate I'll keep everybody updated.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

If you'd like to know the best soil mix...do a search for the native habitat of B. gigantea. Try to mimic those conditions.

There may be different ways to grow the plant but its natural conditions would be a good start.

I planted seed on Long Fibered Sphagnum moss.

Back