What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae help

Anyway, I HAD a lot of D. adelae, until I went to my grandmas. Nothing happened there, but whne I got home, I forgot about them and they boiled in the sun. However, my Grandma insisted on taking 2 of the plantlets before I left. She gave them back to me in less then good state(giving them tap water etc. etc.)...but they're alive. They have the little runner attached...and are pretty good sized.

Question is:

They seem to have "frozen" in growth right now. The newest leaves arent unfurling, and the rest of the leaves look a bit limp. I've been keeping them both moist and in the original pot. Anything else I should do?

Thanks!

I would just be patient. Keep them wet and treat them like normal. Adelae is good for coming back from the roots. Even if the little plantlets die, don't give up. There still might be a healthy root in the soil so just wait. Might take a while but you'll probably get more plants eventually.

Also having them out in the sun isn't a good idea. D. adelae are lower light plants...they don't cotton to full, strong sun.

I agree with PlantAKiss.  My experience with adelae is that they are subject to some degree of shock when conditions change.  Just give it time.

-Homer

yeah one of mine i moved out and the 3 plants growing together of the same root died back but i think they will send shoots. and besides i have two still inside.

Back