What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i just repotted all of my D. adelae, and the largest one has 2 small brown leaves growing from the growth point. they are still curled op and very small, but whats wrong with it? other than that, the plant looks fine.

the only think thats unusual is i fed it blood from a tick on my dog. i fed the others i had repotted blood, too, and they are growing faster than ever with no side effects. should i cut the top off and rescue what leaves i can for cutting, and hope that a new plant/plants grow from the stalk?

thanks
clint

If the center growth is turning brown this is not good news for your plant. Taking leaf cuttings is probably a good idea, but don't abandon the pot: keep it in cultivation just as if the plant was growing. This species frequently dies back at the crown only to regrow many new rosettes from the roots.

how should i take leaf cuttings? i've never really done that before, only root cutting. i have about 10 plants growing from root cutting.

Just clip off a leaf put it on media,anchor it slightly at bothe ends, in a humid place and wait.

could i just float it in water? i think i heard somewhere that you can do that.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Using the search feature on this forum can really help you to find answers to many of these questions which may have been asked before and various answers given.

It's a button at the top of each page.</span>

Back