What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting seeds

I bought "The Savage Garden" and have been reading it, and it's a really great book! I read the section about propagating sundews, and am a little unsure of how to do it. It says that you don't have to cover them with soil. And they do well when they have a couple of weeks of cool, damp weather, and get some time for stratification. So......is this necessary? I had planned on putting them in a ziploc container and putting the cover on it and setting it in a window that gets a good amount of sun. I thought it was necessary to cover them with dirt though. Will they grow if I set them on the soil in this ziploc container and set them in the window? And should I keep them on top of the soil? They are almost ready to flower, and I'm looking forward to getting seeds. I appreciate any help on here, and look forward to planting them correctly. Thanks!

- Joel

Very useful. Thank you Tamiln Dawnstar:D

Back