What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowes' bonuses

I went to the Lowes in Temple, Texas, and the sundews had several little sprouts coming up. So I bought one plant, but got four. What luck! The plants that I saw just said drosera, so I don't know what they are, but this is great deal. Maybe everyone else can benefit from this.

Yeah I got the same thing, but the things dying now
smile_h_32.gif

its probably a spatulata.

yeah I think it is

That's awesome. You saved some money there and saved a dew all at the same time!

"Maybe everyone else can benefit from this"

Here we have the makings of a great CP'er.

Tamlin's best to you, sir!

Tamlin, when you take that one way "Maybe everyone can benifit from this." you are correct (Giving/trading the extra's away)  The way I took his phrase was by him telling everyone about it, they could go buy plants and possibly get extras also.  I hope as you he was refering to offering them to others in the forum.  
smile.gif

Andrew

It sounds to me from Tamlin's perspective. Don't know why, but when I think of 'benifit' in this forum I think of sharing...
smile_l_32.gif

Tamlin's shared so much it only seems normail for him to see it in that light!
biggrin.gif

Yeah I'll probably share them, but they're so tiny right now it would be insane. I had another one come up a week later, so now it's five, but it came up from root so it's stuck for now. The mother plants label just said drosera but it looks kind of like adelae. I'll try to get pictures when I get access to a scanner.

Yup, I looked at the list of plants that are sold at Lowe's and it is an adelae. One of the babies is nearly an inch tall! Keep your eyes on the trading post, it might be there soon.

I have the same plant from Lowes. If you are feeling adventurous you can remove the junk moss Lowes uses, seperate the root into several sections, plant in fresh LFS and you will soon have several pots full of plants. Keep them in Very humid/warn conditions and you will have a Drosera jungle! I have four full pots that flower laike mad, all from one plant. I should take one and start some more to give away but I've been too busy. Plus I don't want to give away anything with moss from my grow room since I'm having a huge mealy bug outbreak. I like sharing plants but not pests!

Have fun with your new Plant.

Glenn

Back