What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera graomogolensis photo

Testing out some new webspace with this photo of D. graomogolensis from Grao Mogol, Brazil. The photo was taken in natural sunlight, the colors are accurate!

351Drosera_graomogolensis_051904_1-med.jpg

Well, looks like that's a bust. Sorry. Will some mod kindly delete this?

Mod, PinguiculaMan here:
You just forgot the first part of the URL -" http://"

Hey Tamlin.  You had the wrong address in there  
smile.gif

You had the correct address preceeded by a petflytrap address.  Thought I'd give you a hand.  Here's the picture.

Oh, and that's a beautiful sundew!

351Drosera_graomogolensis_051904_1-med.jpg

Gorgeous plant!

Well thanks both of you for the posting lessons, and to all for the compliments. It was a long search to find this plant at long last. I did get to almost flower, but broke the stalk while trying to pgotograph it, which is always a real delight especially when dealing with impossible to find material. I guard this plant with my life, never placing it in any possible scenario where birds, squirrels or the elements can get a chance to demonstrate Murphy's Law. It is a good and easy grower. The only reason it isn't more prevalent in collections is a lack of willingness to share. Got to keep the supply low and the demand high to bring in those profits. I will be working hard at fixing that with this and the rest of the Brazillian species. I consider it a mission.

ugh! stunning!

Beautiful!
I've never seen it before:O

Tamlin- does that mean you're selling them?

Thanks,
Craig

no it means he is giving them away as soon as he has enough to. Tamlin sell a CP to make a profit? i doubt it.
smile_n_32.gif

Rattler

My focus is to spread plants, not to make a profit. I can spread a lot more plants if I give them away. This is the simple rationale that I employ. I distribute my material to those growers who have demonstrated a willingness to share and spread them. As a Drosera species grower and collector, I seriously resent the fact that well over a decade after the collections made by Fernando Rivadavia these plants remain virtually unknown in collections. Why? Well, there is a certain misplaced status that is given to those who cultivate such "rare" plants. If the rarity is removed so is the status. Also, keeping this material in short supply makes sure they are in high demand: good for those motivated by profit and ego.

I find these plants simple to grow and easy to reproduce. It's time that they make their way into the hands of willing growers so that they may spread and become securely established in as many collections as possible. Habitat populations are vanishing even in the remote Tepui's.

I am on the verge of a major cultivation/distribution project, if the seed I anticipate arrives here to me, (and I believe it will thanks to others who also share these concerns). If seed is placed in the right hands for the right reasons, much can be accomplished. That would be me
smile.gif
and I hope that it will be you as well.

Back