What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera filiformis ssp filiformis

my d. fili ssp fili has 3 flower stalks on it now and it blooms almost every day or so . The plant had nice long leaves on it but as soon as it flowered the leaves were drying up and its not really growing any new ones .just keeps on flowering.
confused.gif
another question is when should those seed pods be ready? dont want to miss them.
smile_n_32.gif

My D. Binita has been flowering like crazy ever since they've been growing outside. I cut all the stalks off the smaller plants, and only leave one on the bigger plants. With only one stalk growing the plant isn't growing much and the forked form has reverted back to their immature t form.
Luckily I have to forms of Binita, one T form and one forked form and they both are flowering at the same time, it looks like I will have 1000's of seeds soon...
smile_m_32.gif

They can't be self pollinated though so it'll be an interesting cross of plant seeds.

carnivorkid, it looks like your filiformis ssp. filiformis might be flowering itself to death, or close to it.  I've had poor luck with ssp. filiformis in particular, so I can't tell you how to get it back up to snuff other than pruning back the flowerstalks.  I personally would collect the seeds like you are planning and hope for the best.  Oh, if its not catching its own prey, give it crushed freezedried bloodworms to help it out.

just my 2 cents worth,

Homer

hmm its catching its food but the leaves are small. it also caught it self a wishy.
smile_n_32.gif
you know one of those flying seed pods that are wishys like a dandilion.
biggrin.gif
ld probably have an abundance of these seeds too.

Back