What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. regia

• Thread starter BobZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    regia
Today I discovered that my D. regia had captured a large moth during the night and had it firmly wrapped up.
D_regiamoth2318.JPG

D_regiamoth2316.JPG

Lol, wonder if it'll take a few sittings to digest it all. ;)

Nice pic Bob! That moth was dazzled by the dew of you regia.

that's amazing, i wish we had the right conditions to grow D. regia down here in georgia :- (

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Bob, is that the 'Big Easy' clone?
- - - -
What's wrong with the conditions in Georgia? I grow them here in Tucson, Arizona. Most days in Summer are over 100F and humidity is most times in the teens. Of course, I don't grow them outside, but indoors under fluorescent lights.</span>

lol, you give me hope, then say that you grow them inside.. makes me sad..

it's just SO hot over here in the summer at night and at day, and if i grew it inside i couldn't give it cool nights.

ps, why is it called ' big easy '?

well if it's so easy, i need to try one! where did you get your's bob?

JLAP,

Big Easy is Joseph's cultivar D. regia awaiting publication soon in the CPN. Maybe he'll make another cover of the CPN.

Don't let the cool night thing bother you. There is a dofference between optimal and tolerable and this is a tough plant. Mine has survived over 100F and down to 28F!

I can attest that there is nothing wrong with GA. The plants Joseph sent me are doing well here and I am growing them in my sunroom. Like Tamlin my highs are in excess of 100 some days and lows this winter dropped below freezing at least 3 times. The plants are still growing strong.

well hey! i guess it IS true, plant's really don't read books!

i'm definately going to place an order in for a D. regia
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bob, is that the 'Big Easy' clone?
No. It is the clone of the plant that I sent to you from the Humboldt State University greenhouse that they originally got from Calif Carnivores.

Joseph,
It is interesting that the 'Big Easy' clone and this one (HSU clone) seem to grow differently under different conditions. I have plants of each growing in my unheated greenhouse at home and also in the temp controlled greenhouse at HSU. At my place, the 'Big Easy' clone is about 3 times the size of the HSU clone; whereas at the HSU greenhouse the opposite is the case, with the 'Big Easy' clone being much smaller. The main difference (I think) is day/night temps. At my place, on a sunny day temp can get to about 85F and night to low 50F; at HSU day temp is kept below 75F and night usually above 60F.

Awsome photo!
smile.gif
Mine always looks rather ugly as it is always covered in bugs. Its doing what nature has made it to do but it isn't "pretty".

2004723225445578.jpg

Mine grow indoor with growlight,temp 34c at day,20c at night,it loves this condition.

rex
hk cps gallery

what do you keep your humidity at,rex?

i have no geenhouse and fishtank,just in the living room,humidity is quite low.it is very suitable for growing indoor with growlight without terrarium,I think if you grow it at outdoor,it should be avoid the hot wind.sorry,i am not expert
biggrin.gif

rex

D. Regia does look like a nice plant. I may have to place another order too
biggrin.gif

sundewrex, where are you from? Looks like a nice view from your window too. That's a pretty big building. Not used to those as much here in North Dakota
biggrin.gif

firewired,I'm from a supper crowded city,HongKong:D

Back