What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To transplant or not to transplant

I got my four new sundews in the mail yesterday!  1 Adelae, 2 capensis, and one aliciae . They are in a mix of 50/50 peat/perlite.  I thought they were bareroot plants, so I got my soil mixture all ready to go.  I figured I would plant them in 1:1:1 peat/sand/lfs.  Is it still ok to transplant?  Should I wait and let them recover a little bit from shipping to transplant?  I noticed two small sundews growing in the lfs in one of the pots.........a very pleasant surprise!  My main concern about transplanting was the little sundews growing in the lfs.  Is it best to wait until they have better established themselves?  One of them is an adelae which is pressed up to the edge of the post, and the other one is too small to tell, but could be a spatulata.  That one is closer to the center of the large adelae.  Any suggestions would sure be appreciated!  Thanks.

- Joel

if it isn't broken, don't fix it! lol, i'd leave them be and use the soil you already prepared for something else.

No conflicting advice here!

Sundews are tough plants and take transplant well, especially at an early age. If you like them where they are, leave them, but you can transplant them at any time really.

Back