What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthrive?  that good?

I've done my homework in order to be a responsible grower and read a bit on CP, and many care sheet have mentionned Superthrive. Apparently it's great for Nepethes, soaking CP's roots in it is good, spay it at 1/4 strenght on them, etc.

Well, is it really effective?

What do you guys use to produce those huge plants, except a lot of patience?

Well, I have used Superthrive on my Nepenthes cuttings with no negative effect. More recently, I have soaked my Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor in a mild solution during its transplant last winter, and it continued to grow without interuption, so the stuff won't harm the plant. I'm sure you will get a lot of replies on this thread. Best of luck,

Homer

I use it mostly when I trasplant.  It seems to reduce the shock greatly from transplanting.  I haven't lost a plant from transplanting yet, and I have used it on all of them.  You only need to use one drop per cup of water since it is a very concentrated solution.

As far as growing huge plants.......if the they seem happy in their conditions, just have to be patient and you'll have a huge plant someday too
biggrin.gif

i hav superthrive, i added a few drops in a gallon, really didnt try using it as to dip the plant into it, ima transplant soon, wish me luck

Back