What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild alaskan sundews

IMG_0498.JPG

these are some sundew that i saw on my trip in Alaska. these are next to a trail in Cordova, Alaska. there are a couple medow/boggy areas that are just full of them. Cordova is a rainforest area that receives about 150 inches of percipation a year, most of it rain.

i just thought it was cool. since i didnt even realize cps could grow that far north.

Whoa, BIG pic! They look very healthy.

Thanks for the pic! Thats the champion of cold-temperate sundews; D.rotundifolia.

IS it always that pink or is that from the camra

Most the dews I've seen up here are all that color, especially this time of year. And yes, Alaska has CP's.. 3 species of Utric, 2 species of Ping, and 2 Drosera
smile.gif

sweet I wish I had a dew that color. they must get like 22 hours of sun or somthing up there. I wonder what species are that bright that I can have in cultivation.

As to the color, if you grow under flourescents and keep the plants within a few inches of the tubes most of them get very good coloration.

Back