What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...perlite is no good.

nope, no troubles at all.

Thats the peat I use I wash it(duh),and was haveing problems before I started washing but not anymore:)

I use Sunshine Pure Canadian Peat Moss. Never a problem. Sarracenia Obsessed favors Southland Peat. I haven't been able to find it out here, but hear it is a good pure reliable peat moss. High acid, and high tannin content for great coloration.

Does anyone use Nirom brand Canadian peat? This is what my Home Depot sells, that I use.

Thanks Bugweed I've seen the sunshine brand in a couple places. I usually use the big bales from wally world. yes, I wash my peat as well.

All this confusing washing, floating, sinking, and microwaving talk confuses me.
smile_h_32.gif
I think I'll just use LFS for my cp's from now on.

LFS is an option, especially if the plants are fed. As a general rule though I find LFS deficient in nutrients, and my Drosera attain better coloration and size in my peat/sand mix. I suggest you try some stuff in peat as well. If you don't have problems with algae and moss then you are home free, but if you do then consider rinsing. Peat quality varies greatly.

Back