What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmannii

Cindy

Staff member
Can this plant be keep too wet and too warm, leading to root rot? Two out of my only three D. burmannii are looking a little red in the centre. The new leaves are distorted and weak.
confused.gif

I've removed them from the water tray to dry them out a little.

Same, mine dried out slowly...I was thinking I planted them too flimsily

I keep my D. burmannii pots a shallow tray and let it get almost dry before adding water and I got D. burmannii everywhere. They have seeded themselves in my VFT, Sarrs and bical pots. A few are even clingling to life in the cracks between my concrete pavers.
They are a lot tougher than they look but they do die off not long after producing seed.

I have given them more air movement...it can be really humid (spells mouldy leather shoes, bags, bathrooms etc) here during this time and hopefully that would help.

One plant is in really bad condition and I decided to "sacrifice" it by cutting away the whole bunch of distorted leaves in the middle, leaving behind the older leaves. It's reddish brown in the middle and I suppose that is not good. I'll update in a while with photographs.

Back