What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone id this for me please?

I got two D. scorpioides about 4 months ago. Unfortunately they didn't last long. It could have been me or maybe a bad time to order them. But, I had a nice surprise when I saw a brand new sundew had popped up right beside the old D. scorpioides plant. and it seems to be doing pretty well. I'm not really sure what it is and was hoping someone could help me out with it. Thanks!

sundew.jpg

sundew2.jpg

- Joel

It could be scorpioides, but it looks more like a capensis seedling. As it gets older, it will become easier to ID.

Here are some six-week-old scorpioides from gemma.
D_scorpioides1212.JPG

i agree it looks like the D. 'Albino' form of capensis. i have a "typical" form starting to grow in my mixed pygmy pot thats about the same size as the yours. i guess i didnt get the flower stalk cut off before some seeds were let loose
smile_m_32.gif

D. capensis are nice I have many of them.....however, this time I was kind of hoping for Drosera anglica. Any chance of that?

Yes, your seedling has an uncanny resemblance to Drosera 'Albino'.

Nice D. capensis seedling. Probibly D. 'Albino'

Back