What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too early?

I was wondering if it is too early to wake my venus fly traps and my rotundifolia up from dormancy.  They are in my grandma's old house where the only thing for heat right now is a stove burner to keep it from freezing in there.  It kind of stinks in there from that so I put my plants downstairs where it isn't as bad.  My rotundifolia has turned completely brown now, and I'm hoping that is is ok.  My venus fly traps are still somewhat green.  This is my first time putting anything through dormancy so I'm a little nervous!  My filiformis went dormant on a chilly windowsill in october/november and I brought it in now and it looks like it's growing pretty nicely already.  So I was hoping I could maybe do the same with my other plants.  I have read that Thanksgiving to Valentines is a good dormant period......does it make much difference if they come out of dormancy a little earlier?  Thanks!

A chilly window sill that gradually gets warmer and more light is a great advantage. How cold is it? I would give them a few more weeks. Gradual is the best approach - in both directions.

Back