What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera interlopers pt. 2

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was giving a look at my collection that had spent a good six months outdoors and in close proximity with one another. I am seeing several "volunteer" seedlings and some Utrics (livids, sandersonii, and bisquamata) popping up in odd places. Most of the Droseras I can identify as being spatualata and intermedia. However, I just noticed one in a hanging basket where I have a Nep. cocchinea. It looks nothing like any Drosera I have in my collection Atop of its stem is a crescent shaped and dewy tentacled structure. I haven't the floggiest notion as to what it is. No, I don't have a pic of it - yet. What would look like a crescent?

Don't know. The plant never flowered nor has it done any vegetative reproducing. I thought that too. The Neps were hanging from a ledge at the kitchen window and the binata was on the ground.
confused.gif

I would guess it is a seedling D. binata, I hnow of no other crescent shaped form.

I just wish I knew how it got there! My mature plant never flowered. The immaculate germination?

The fertile clones self seed with a passion equal only to D. capensis. I have the weeds coming up everywhere, all the time.

I have confirmation that it a seedling of forked sundew persuasion. Whether it is specifically a binata....? Furthermore, MY binata....? Paternity?
smile_m_32.gif

Congradulations on you're new little one *snickers*

Gotta get a box of cubans for ya!
smile_m_32.gif

Back