What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis (all red) babies

I prefer: Drosera filiformis, Red form Washington County, Florida.

Excellent. If you capitalize the "D" in Drosera you have a perfectly acceptable method of identifying this plant, which, as yet, has no valid registered cultivar name. It includes important identification/descriptive adjectives, often necessary when a plant has not yet been registered as a cultivar, yet it is not formatted in such a way that it misleads us to assume it is a valid cultivar.

Umm, I misread the seed pack. He clearly spelled filiformis correctly... I screwed up on that and added the extra L. Oops. I don't care for common names of anything anymore, it screws me up and leaves everyone scratching their heads.

Now about my D. filiformis seed babies, they are growing for me and I am absolutely thrilled. They get a little bit redder every day.

Say bugweed, are you familiar with the seed I have? Is it D. filiformis, Red form Washington County, Florida?

Wow, Laura!!!!! How did you know that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?(LOLOL) I am real sure. My friend, Joe Mazrimas, is the one that brought them into cultivation. That is where he found them. So far as I know, there are no other red form fili's.

Hi Laura,

Are these the same seeds that you sent me? If and when I get germination with them it would be helpful to know exactly what I should name them. hehe

Steve

Thank you bugweed! Location data. I'll have my girlfriend's husband add that to the web page they created and maintain for me.

Oh my gosh! Hi Steve. I sent photos of my red babies to a girlfriend and she asked me what I had named them. I told her-
Red Baby #1
Red Baby #2
Red Baby #3
and so forth and so on!

I think you should be creative and come up with something new and unique when you name yours. Don't be a copy cat!

You are welcome, Miz Laura!

Back