What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is not D. intermedia, right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Jan. 17 2005,11:51)]...the poor thing is too far gone now!
Nothing a little salad dressing can't fix!
smile_n_32.gif

You brut you!  Here lies this newly departed unidentified seedling and you speak of such atrocities!  Tsk Tsk.

A little bleu cheese, a few croutons, bacon bits....

Definitely not kosher!

Are we all stuck inside and losing it or what!
Everybody all together now- click your heels together and repeat after me...
"Spring will come"
"Spring will come"
"Spring will come"

Laura! You have it wrong! Sheesh! Kids!
Click your heels together three times and repeat
There's no season like spring,
There's no season like spring,
There's no season like spring.
And so on.------------------------------------------------

Oh, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again!

I have to admit that I am anxiously waiting for May to come as I have CP babies on their way to me that I bought as well as a few very special ones that are being gifted to me!  Then I can't wait to see what our Home Depot has on their shelves because Jim has been picking up CPs at his HD out east and I am hoping our HD stocks something other than VFTs this year. I think the fix is in and all the good cp stock is going out east but it can't hurt to check.  

We've only got about 100 days until the good times start to roll!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Jan. 21 2005,8:14)]Definitely not kosher!
I gave it up for Lent!

Seriously, although we are in the dead of winter, the photperiod has been on the rise for a month , now, and some of my plants have been responding, accordingly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 21 2005,4:31)]Seriously, although we are in the dead of winter, the photperiod has been on the rise for a month , now, and some of my plants have been responding, accordingly.
I've noticed that my pings have started their "summer" leaves this week. My 'Sethos' in particular look especially gawky with part being the winter rosette and its many, tiny, symmetriclly placed leaves and the other being a bunch of larger leaves unfurling from the center of the rosette.

What states do you people live in?  Are your pings indoors or outdoors?  What kind of pings do you have?  I am feeling overwhelmingly "pingless" with all this talk about pings responding accordingly to rising photoperiods and pings starting their "summer" leaves. I wish May 1st was here already so I'd have my plant orders.

Laura, theres no season like spring! And, to rub it in, my growing season starts in late February to early March, and ends in late September to early November. HEE HEE! I am hoping you got over your ROFLMAO and are recovering. As for the other problem, exercise and the right kinds of foods will deal with az-- uh-- you know!

I'm in the Reading, PA area and my pings are all inside, at window sills. But some of my other plants, after curling up into hibernacula or just slowed down, are waking up - D. binata, D. filiformis.

OK, I feel better. Your plants are inside.  That makes sense to me.  Shame I have little or no window space on the east side of the house. I have scads of northern exposure windows but with the way the house is situated on the lot, there is no direct sun coming in any of those windows just bright indirect light.  That leaves me a southern exposure which is useless as there are too many trees on that side of the house and a western exposure. Bummer.

Is a western exposure ok for anything?

Dear darling bugweed...
"I'll get you and your little dog Toto too".

JIM!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!! LAURA IS AFTER ME!!!!!!!! Back, woman! I have snakes and mice in my pocket for protection! Get my dog, my pretty, and I'll get your little cats, too! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!

Just spill a little water on her and achieve the melting effect.
smile_m_32.gif

You can run... but you cannot hide bugweed.
Here's a photo of our Great Dane puppy the "LickMonster"
d48707b5.jpg

The GD puppy has two considerably bigger Mastiff siblings.
Here's a photo of what Big Brother Lurch the "CrotchSniffer" looked like in his younger days-
0ca696f2.jpg

I am trying to dig up a photo of big sister Raechel the "SlobberMonster" but am having trouble locating one.
Our puppies like their puddy tats very much. They sleep with them and in return our puddy tats groom their faces with their tongues. Now what were you saying about those snakes and mice in your pockets?  

I gotta go out on these nasty roads to a dinner party. So sorry I will be missing your retort as I am sure you will have one. Right about now I'm hoping the moderator doesn't pull this thread for getting off topic because this has actually become slap happy silly which is fun.

Well, I would sic my wife on them, but they couldn't stand the strain of the "DawgTrainer" and her wrath. Being as I am so kindhearted, I shall apologize, as I do not wish your Chihuahua's getting squished ( they were chihuahua's weren't they?) and breaking your heart. However, one more threat my pretty, and its the water for you! Remember your pal JimScott told me your "Achilles Heel" and I will use it if I have to. Now 'scuse me while I change from my Levi Jeans into my male obtuse genes, and prepare to do battle if I have to. I SHALL NOT BE LICKMONSTERED, CROTCHSNIFFED, OR SLOBBERMONSTERED without a fight!!!! Beware the water, Troublemaker!!!

Just remember to NOT surrender the ruby slippers!

Oh pleeeeeeeeeease, not the dreaded water or worse yet... a "Dawg Trainer"!  Truce!  

Just to show my sincere desire for a truce, here's a flower for you bugweed. Well... it's not exactly a flower yet but it is my very first flower stalk and some day it's going to be a flower-
56bb2e2d.jpg

Gotta take kids skiing for the day so have pity on me and accept my flower stalk so peace will reign in Oz once again, ok?

As it was written: Yea and verily I say unto you----------------OK! Truce accepted!

Say... it's been a while and I totally forgot what this thread was all about.  Back to the D. intermedia- how long should one expect to wait before something starts germinating on this species? It has been on a heating pad and under lights for about 6 weeks. This is not a good sign right?

Back