What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is not D. intermedia, right?

Before I waste this little sprout... please confirm that it could not possibly be a baby D. intermedia.  Thanks much, Laura

42da9171.jpg

Thank you very much, I'll go and rip it out of its comfy warm tray right now.

Very healthy weed!
smile_n_32.gif

Why thank you Jim!  I thought I did a mighty fine germinating that weed myself... (Laura taking a step back to curtsy).  You're just jealous your weeds don't look as healthy as mine.  Plump little booger wasn't it!  

By the way, it isn't too healthy any more!  I ran downstairs and wasted it!

LOL! No, I just get these sedge grass thingys pop up from the LFS I use. They are quite healthy looking! You didn't use the chainsaw on it - did you?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Tee he he!  The chain saw would be overkill!  I used my index finger and my thumb and pulled it right out with no problems.  

Sedge grass things, huh?  I wonder what type of sedges you are getting.  If they are any type of a Carex, it might be interesting to see which one is coming up.  Hmmm, maybe I'll get some sedgie things and let them mature to see what might possibly be in that LFS.

if yah want sedgie thingys i have lots. my only complaint on this beautiful Chilien LFS is the dang sedgie weeds that pop up. least they dont look like anything carnivorous

Chilian? Not interested in Chilian sedges. He he, you can keep your sedgie thingie sprouts as I presume I'll have some of my own sooner or later as I seem to be doing quite fine in the weed department.  I don't know why I was thinking this LFS was coming from a Canadian Bog but I did.  I'd certainly be intested in what pops up from Canadian Sphagnum Peat.  

I have something to show you Rattler. That U. livida has a shoot sticking up out of the middle of it right now.  I was wondering what that was.  I'll send you a photo. You tell me what you think.

I betcha my weeds are better!
In my N. rafflesiana pot i have one that is taller than the plant itself!

You win! My weed was pulled and is set to the side drying out and dieing a slow and painful death. It couldn't have been taller than a half an inch. That'll teach it for trying to grow in my D. intermedia tray!

That better not have been a bug weed!

Of course it wasn't a bug weed silly! I reserve my chainsaw for tackling only the biggest and baddest bugweeds.

Say, I posted pictures of my first babies. Did you see my D. filliformis (All Red) babies or my S. alata x leuco babies posted over in Sarracenia forum? They are my first Bugweed!

I am sure it's a weed, but am I nuts, or did it look like a baby Pinguicula?

Cheers,

Joe

I have a very nice collection of clover in my grow room! Apparently the seed pods expolde because I tiny seedlings growing all over the wall where the seeds stuck, not to mention the fine collection growing in all of my pots.

Anyone interested in a trade?
smile_n_32.gif

Glenn

Oh noooooooooooo Joe! Just in case... I will run downstairs and stick it in something. I was germinating ping seed in the container next to the intermedia. Ugh!

In the words of Gizmo, the good Gremlin.... "Uh, oh!"

Well, I must woefully report that it did not survive.  Tsk Tsk!  I forgot to run downstairs and stick it back in something and when I came home to check on my babies (I do this about every few hours nowadays) I realized the poor little booger was shriveled up and toasted out. But... I did spot a major discovery in another sarracenia flat...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I am sure it's a weed, but am I nuts, or did it look like a baby Pinguicula?

Thank you! I'm not crazy, I was thinking that too but was too afraid to say anything
biggrin.gif

Oh stoooop already ;) My poor heart can't take any more. I'd try mouth to mouth but I just can't seem to find any where to do that and the poor thing is too far gone now!

Back