What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here they are:
I may have posted these first two before:
D. adelae:
PICT0179.jpg

D. regia:
PICT0176.jpg

Now for some guaranteed origionals!
Another of D. regia:
PICT0205.jpg

Now D. capensis:
PICT0203.jpg

A dichotoma:
PICT0197.jpg

And a mystery dew found in with my S. rubra (i think it's a rotundifolia)
PICT0202.jpg

Hope you like em'
Dave

The tag seems to read "D.regina"
smile_m_32.gif

Hey, i didn't write it. Blame Peter (C.A. carnivores)

Looks like parsley there in the corner of that pot with the mystery dew... Is that garnish to go with the plants meals?

Mystery Drosera looks like Drosera capensis seedling to me. Nice photos.

The mystery 'dew looks sorta like my Drosera collinsiae too, but I gues it would depend on how old the plant is .... hmmmm

[Editors note: plant name spelling adjustment]

I just recently found it, but i haven't looked around too much before that, so it may be any number of months old for all i know.
confused.gif

Whatever it is, it is almost definitely not D.rotundifolia, the oar-shaped (or spatulate if you prefer) leaf rules out the possibility of it being "round leafed"
biggrin.gif

I talked to Amatuer_Expert. He thought it may also be a longifolia. Neither of us were sure though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Jan. 27 2005,4:41)]I talked to Amatuer_Expert. He thought it may also be a longifolia. Neither of us were sure though.
If you look at the ICPS database, you will find that D. longifolia is not a valid name, but is an old synonym for D. anglica. I bet the mystery Drosera will turn out to be D. capensis or D. 'Albino'.

Hmm... I'll transplant it this weekend, if you guys think it will survive okay. Then i'll grow it larger, and i'll post a pic in a few months and see if it can be identified easier.

EDIT: The soil is ready for transplanting tommorrow. It is currently warming up to greenhouse temps. It was kept outside before and felt to me that it would cause shock if i transplanted it now.

EDIT #2: It's in!

I figured I'd take the opportunity to post some pics of my own dews.

D. Spathulata. Came as a tiny green dot with my VFTs from PFT. For perspective, the pot is 3 inches in diameter.
DSpathulata.jpg

D. Adelae. Bought from the NASC Auction. To the left is a D. nidiformis, also bought from the auction. And at the bottom can be seen half of a small pot of U. livida, a gift from PlantAKiss
smile.gif

DAdelae.jpg

Back