What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

! Drosera auriculata

I happened to look at my Drosera auriculata the other day and found that it outgrew its little contaner as it got about 6 inches tall. I had it growing in a little plastic tube a half of a soda bottle top placed over the pot and tray to keep it sticky and healthy. WEll the vine was bending because it hit the top and started growing sideways and down. I then added another soda bottle top onto that one so it has lots of room now. i supported it with a stick as it wasnt standing up on its own now that its too big. well tonight after 3 days of putting it in its bigger terrarium. I noticed flower buds and its now 12 inches high. its growing rapid as of now.heres a picture. i cant believe i grew this from seed in september.HEres some pictures of the buds looks like one is going to open tomorow.
smile_n_32.gif

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

Great job, Brandon! You'll just have to bring it to our first meeting!

That is a sweet looking plant, man, something to be proud of for sure.... *adds D.auriculata to "must have" list*

Thanks for posting those pics!!

Nice! I'm currently growing D. auriculata from seed too. keep up the good work!

Amori

PS. I speak Spanish and understood every single word in your signature!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Feb. 02 2005,8:18)]I speak Spanish and understood every single word in your signature!
Let the rest of us in on it then. Something about Ceph's, sarrs, and neps?

That's right Bugweed, those are his preferred plants and that they grow easily for him. He also said he could write anything since no-one will be able to understand it!
biggrin.gif
Good thing you didn't write anything inappropriate Carnivorkid!

Lol.
I think i'd like to get an auriculata, but i have been wanting stolonifera, peltata, and gigantea for a longer time.

WEll my signature , i added that just to see if anyone would translate it or understand it. i jsut thought it was funny.

ok  here i am. well it was blooming today when i came home from school in the full sun and as the sun went down it closed i got pictures of its flower it has more buds on it. And yes i will bring it to our first meeting. whats funny is i brought all my cp seedling in from outside in the fall and this one was the only one to actually grow nicely.Most of the others didnt do much. this one is my healthiest drosera as of this time of year. i wonder how big it will get over all? i will post the flower picture.  
smile_n_32.gif

IMG_2011.jpg

I still don't know how you do it, Brandon. Wow

very nice plant you have there, my peltata is just now sending up a tuber or whatever you call it, about an inch and a half now

I love tuberous Drosera! Nice job.

D. peltata are starting to shoot up from there rosettes here as well Kirk.

yeah kirk they call it vining once the start to grow tall.

Back