What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. anglica

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
As with most of my plants, they resided outdoors until mid-November. Many looked like they went through a war - especially sundews, sarracenias, and VFT's. Some sundews formed hibernacula and/or looked dead. A filiformis looked totally dead but has produced many green leaves over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, my anglica still looks dead. Anybody experience this? More time needed?

Depending on the location where your D. anglica orginated, the dormancy period can be lengthy. At Bull Swamp in southern Oregon, the anglica is usually buried under snow until late June and goes dormant again by mid September. I find the temperate D. anglica to be difficult to grow in captivity. However, the D. anglica from Hawaii is a much different critter.

This one is CA X HI. *He's dead, Jim*
"Bones! Isn't there anything you can do?"

Uhh Thats not supposed to go dormant. I think it may be dead. If you get another with HI hybrid keep it inside since they are "not supposed" to go dormant. Do not throw it out yet though it may come back

Will do! Thanks.

Jim, I have several. I will send it in the spring with the other plants.

Merci beaucoups!!!!!

You mean "Merci beaucoup"

That, too!! (speaking for Jim!)

*Must hire a secretary*

Wow! Bull Swamp sounds like a great place to take the family for a vacation!
I had no idea there was a olace with sucha short growing season within the continental US.

Cheers,

Joe

Back