What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides flowering now?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Literally one year ago I received two sets of gemmae, one of which originated from Vic Brown's collection.  I had them growing in a windowsill all Spring and moved them outside until mid-November. I waited for flowers and  gemmae and never saw any. Last month I saw stipules forming and I thought gemmae were right around the corner.  But none appeared. Then its appearance looked as if it may be crestate. Today I noticed that this crestate look had more the appearance of a flower stalk - taller than the existing leaves and a red stalk. Are they trying to flower? What is happening and why?

Wow! It's flowering?? If it is, I will be green with envy. I have had mine two years and all they have done is inundate me with gemmae and catch bugs. Probably has something to do with the days gettng longer. The flower thing not the bug catching
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah well you've supplied pretty much the whole world with that stuff! congrats jimscott

Back