What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowe's drosera - any ideas?

OK, you all remember me. The one who started all the trouble with the filter and the reproductive organ, or whatever it was. Too funny. Anyway, couldn't resist, and went back to Lowe's again and got the last Drosera they had (you know, the domed little things in the 3" pots) Problem now is, just WHAT KIND of drosera is it? Do you know what Lowe's generally sell in those little domes as far as Drosera goes? I'm new at this, so if anybody happened to get one, maybe you can help me out. Don't yet know how to post a pic, but this little thing is only a couple of inches around, and has long, slender, fuzzy "arms" that are what catch the bugs, I'm assuming. See? I TOLD you I was a total beginner! Meanwhile, I'll be searching images of drosera on Google, lol!

Randi

Hi Randi

Here's a pic of a nice big healthy D. adelae. I got a scrappy straggling one from Lowes a few years ago. I transplanted it into LFS and grew it under lights using the tray method. It seemed like it slowly was about to die, then bounced back and sent up several plantlets everywhere.

20030920-CP-display-D.adelae.jpg

I've also seen Drosea spatulata and Drosera capensis at Lowe's.

Wow! That adelae is GORGEOUS! Mine is so tiny that its really hard to tell what it really looks like, but I suppose it could be adelae or capensis. I don't think its spatulata - the leaves aren't shaped like that. Thanks!

Randi

Most likely D. adelae. I always get adelae from there.

WildBill, OMG! I just wanna.... eat it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WildBill @ Feb. 08 2005,1:16)]Hi Randi

Here's a pic of a nice big healthy D. adelae.  I got a scrappy straggling one from Lowes a few years ago.  I transplanted it into LFS and grew it under lights using the tray method.  It seemed like it slowly was about to die, then bounced back and sent up several plantlets everywhere.
Wow, that's a really nice D adelae... I have one I got at Kroger that I put in a large pot. It has been spreading like crazy in the pot, and I started some shoots in other pots, but I've never been able to get it to flower...

You got it at Kroger? o_O

When I lived in Kentucky, Kroger was just a grocery store. Hmmm...

Very nice bill! Mine is much smaller but is also more colorful.....I guess maybe 2 1\2 in. pot isn`t big enough Lol.

jimscotscoot, yeah, I've only been to one Kroger (in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina), and it was also just a grocery store.

Back