What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of pygmys

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
These are the gemmae that Tamlin sent me in winter of '02.  They grow wonderfully outdoors here in San Diego with little effort.

DCP_0360resize.JPG

Very nice.
smile.gif
Have they ever produced Gemmae for you?

Is that ping there the one I sent you? If it is (or not...) I just remembered something. P. Kondoi is not in cultivation according to Fernando. So, the plant I sent you (and had forgotten to update my label) is infact P. reticulata Sorry about that. and please change your label. More info can be found here .Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Feb. 10 2005,9:42)]Is that ping there the one I sent you?  
Yes that is your plant!  I am really starting to like pings.
Ludwig

I just noticed your bin looks like some of mine do... all busted up. LOL amazing how brittle they get sitting in the UVs!!
Andrew

It actually works to your advantage so when it rains the water doesn't rise above the soil level so I keep them that way.

Mine must be in a g/h due to my enviroment... So, it's only dissadvantage.... That is the thing breaking everytime I try to move one... :p
Andrew

I see that each pot of the pygmies contains at least 2-3 different varieties. This is what happens when the pots are placed close to each other and the plants produce gemmae...I like to keep the pots separate or make sure that water does not splash on the plants when they are producing gemmae. Can be difficult to id when they are all mixed together.

CP2K yes I learned the hard way...this is why all the gemmae I am receiving for my Nepenthes cuttings are all getting their own containers and will not be placed close to each other. This way I can send out the gemmae next season...I didn't know pygmys would be so eager to spread all over my collection (I have them in many of my Sarracenia and other Drosera pots but they are very welcome there!!!).

Ludwig

Back