What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, so I have these little seedlings of Drosera capensis 'Albino' and they are INVINCIBLE! My whole terrarium got killed in the fall by stupid gnats and they are still alive! And they are THRIVING! I accidently put some of the seedlings in cactus soil and they started growing faster! They really are invincible! There's also mold growing all around them and they actually seem to like it! So I'm going to leave them alone until I transfer them to their own pots in the spring. It's insane how well they are doing! I recommend this plant to anyone that is just starting out! Just give it light and water and there ya go. It grows so fast! I can't wait to see how fast they grow when I start babying them! They'll be flowering by the end of the summer! And if they do I'll give the seeds away. Oh and elgecko, yes they are the ones that you gave me. They are actually the first CP seeds I've ever had. I've had others since then but that didn't work out too well.... I'll be trying harder this summer though.

The only thing I know of that slows down D. capensis are aphids. But drowning them works very well.

hehehehe I welcome the challenge, BRING IT ON APHIDS!!! MUWAHAHAHAH!

give capensis good light, keep away from very cold drafts, keep the roots damp and this thing will truck on through most anything. if something does happen to it give it time and it will probably snap out of it too. dont know how i managed to kill one all those years ago.

It's amazing how those gnats could take out a full grown D. Capensis "Narrow" but not a bunch of little babies. BTW why are mine and Jimscotts posts being edited??

Looks like it. Check your terminology and spelling of plant names. That's what he usually corrects.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Feb. 17 2005,3:56)]BTW why are mine and Jimscotts posts being edited??
Because your terminology is incorrect. For example, you wrote D. Capensis "Narrow". If you are referring to the registered cultivar, it could be written
D. 'Narrow Leaf'
or
D. capensis 'Narrow Leaf'

Ummm sorry? Oh yeah! I think it's cuz I said that I think the smileys are creepy. Or maybe that was another post...

Back