What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pictures

D. rotundifolia with U.tricolor, moss and ferns
rotundifolia.jpg

D. madigascarensis "Botswana"
madigascarensis.jpg

a carpet of lil seedling D. capensis
babycapensis.jpg

a flies worst nightmare!!!!
afliesworstnightmare.jpg

Nice Pics! I like your D. madigascarensis "Botswana", I've tried to grow that plant three times from seeds, but they never passed the seedling stages. What conditions are you growing them in?

Very Nice
smile.gif

my usuall "pay no attentions" formula, keep them in good light, keep the soil moist and give them normal household temps with the fluctuations that go with it(lows of 60, highs of 95 depending on weather, thermostat settings, and how strong the sun is coming in the near by sliding glass door). i have yet to grow them from seed either, ive tried twice. i recieved these two from Copper a couple months back, they were half this size when i recieved them. if you look twords the bottom of the pic, out of focus, you can see a leaf sitting on the soil. im trying to grow it from cuttings. since no one could tell me if it would work or not i decided to just try it. if it works i should be able to send an actual plant your way.

figure ive had that one for about a year, it was about full size when i got it and its in a 4 inch pot, so lil over 2 inches in diameter?

A little late for Valentine's Day, but a couple of the D. rotundifolia lamina are "heart-shaped" (especially the one at ten o'clock).
Very Nice.

Cheers,

Joe

Back