What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small traps?

I received a d.capensis in the mail last Thursday.Since I have had it, the part with the tentacles has been getting smaller. It is receiving sufficient sunlight and is potted in pure spaghnum. Please help me with this problem.

Never had this problem. Please post ALL growing specs for the plant (temps, humidity, light (in hours), watering, etc).

I would give it a couple of weeks, at least, to recover and show you the true stuff D. capensis is capable of. I know it's the toughest cp around, but some do need a little acclimation.
 Otherwise, Tuna's request would help a lot.

Thanks,

Joe

It receives 6 hours of sunlight daily. The temp is about 77 degrees. The humidity is around 50%. It sits in a tray with about a half-inch of water which I allow to dry up completely between waterings. These are the conditions I give it.

Sounds good to me. You can water it more though. I leave mine in a varying 1/2 - 3" of water. ALL THE TIME.

Sounds like everything is okay, just give it some time.

Back