What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I am cultivating D. paradoxa and have twice shipped it to people, along with other plants. While the other plants have shipped well, both times this plant has not. Is this plant problematic, along the lines of Byblis liniflora?

i just recieved one, the person who sent it to me was kind enough to ship it in the pot it was growing in
smile_n_32.gif
i expect no toubles.

Jim, it might have gone dormant. They will do that when shocked. They will appear dead for a while, but have a good chance of coming out of it. I have had it take a couple of months to start new growth.

You didn't toss'em out did you Jim??

Steve: I wasn't the recipient. I was the sender. I'm sure the plants are long gone by now.

Rose: Dormant? Wow, I never would have guessed that.

Sheridan: I think I will try to separate out a plant and get it acclimated to a small pot - and send as one unit.

The only successful transfer of this plant was when I visited a forum member, close by, and let him spoon them out.

Thanks for your input.

good idea Jim. it was shipped in one of those lil 2 inch pots with the soil taped inplace for shipping with another 2 inch pot taped over top. shipped quite well with not a broken stem.

Back