What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera spatulata frasier island

I am entranced with this beauty. I "think" I have a spatulata, but would love to have a Frasier Island too. The coloring is just breathtaking. Are they any more delicate or harder to care for?

Randi

As easy as any other D. spatulata to grow.

The area it comes from is actually called FRASER Island. It is the largest sand Island on earth and this form grows in peaty areas that surround sandy inland freshwater lakes alongside D. binata var. multifida 'extrema'

spatulata's are very easy. i grow one from Hong Kong. no special requirements other than moist peaty soil and good light. i like the Fraser Island variety but havent gotten around to getting one yet.

I was fortunate to have gotten seeds of Fraser Island, Hong Kong, and even Ahiapara last year. I now have some seedlings.

Its easy. Well until you manage to kill most of them like me. Oops I guess they do not like strong sun.

They are very easy to grow, and are very pretty too. I just had mine growing with the rest of my plants in full sun during the summer and under growth light in the winter, though it losses alot of its coloration under lights.

Back