What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does mold hurt the plant?

I have some mold on my rotundifolia. I just took it out of dormancy and some of the plants in the clump look dead, and have mold on them. It looks like it could spread to the other part of the clump to the plants that are still alive and growing. Will this hurt the plant? I have some natural fungicide but am a little nervous to use it in fear that it may hurt the plant. Any suggestions? Thanks.

- Joel

Can you pick the mold off? Some people have used cinnamon on their media for mold as well.

This mold is directly on the dead parts of the plant, and looks like it could spread to the living parts of the clump of plants. I think I can pick it off the dirt, but will it hurt the plant? Thanks for the suggestions Jim.......I will give cinnamon a try and see if it works.
smile.gif

Joel, it would be beneficial remove any dead plant material, whether it has mold on it or not. In nature, dead plant material is dealt with naturally. I know that sounds awkward, but, nature takes care of things. We have artificial conditions (lights, distilled water, fluorescent lights, etc..) We need to help things along. Anthing black needs to be removed.

As always Jim, thanks for your words of wisdom
smile.gif

Back