Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D. scorpioides and aphids

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Well my plants successfully underwent submersion therapy and appear to be aphid free now. I gave them about 6 days worth of underwater treatment. I have not seen any more aphids in the time they have been out. They looked a little worse for wear for a few days after, but today they have given me a nice surprise... Flowers!!

All in all, I would say that the submersion was a success, although the plants I treated with Orthene are also aphid free, and it was a lot less hassle than submersion.

Thanks for the tips/suggestions all.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i haved drowned aphids on all my drosera when my terrarium got aphids, my D. scorpioides werent in my terrarium though so i havent submerged them I heard their roots are very delicate, I would just use this stuff called "fungicide 3" its a fungicide, insecticide, and miltcide al together, wal mart usually has it, and you can buy it pre-mixed, works like a charm on mealybugs and aphids
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123