What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help, again

Ok, I recieved a bag with a pod in it from a member of this site, but to my surprise, i didn't see any seeds in it. I didn't really care because the person gave them to me for free, but i took what looked like black powder from a corner of the bag and sprinkled it in my container in two areas. that was a few weeks ago. I saw green growth from those areas, and I though it was moss or something, but i noticed that each green thing is separate. I guess i want to see what seedlings from a D. Capensis look like.

Sounds like you found the seed.
smile_m_32.gif
Drosera seed is TINY!!

Pretty soon, you should be able to discern tiny nectar globules on the seedlings. I bet that's what you have.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (veritas00000 @ Mar. 08 2005,2:00)]I guess i want to see what seedlings from a D. Capensis look like.
Take a magnifying glass and look at your green things. You will probably see D. capensis seedlings. If you were not extremely careful when handling that seed spike and bag of "black powder", in a short time you will be finding D. capensis seedlings in every pot. The seeds get on fingers, clothes, hair, and can be transported by breezes or sneezes. I am always amazed where strange Drosera magically appear around my place. Fortunately, D. capensis is easy to identify. Some of those other sticky rosetty things are more difficult to tell apart. If you do not want rogue Drosera coming up everywhere, cut the flowers before they set seed.

Back