User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flooding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it bad if a sundew seedling gets flooded, because it's been raining on and off today and it's annoying draining the excess water, it's in a terria.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I experienced 4 separate torrential downpurs last Summer. Aside from learning a lesson about having adequate drainage and making sure my "open tray" is NOT taller that the plant containers - it didn't hurt them. I just had a few containers get overturned and may plants disappeared. I also had a lot of "sundew surprise". In short, sundews can survive under water.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, flooding doesn't seem to be much a big deal.. the plants will let you know if it's too much, I'd figure

If your plants end up downstream due to the flooding, it is a different deal (eh, DANscott?? lol), but otherwise, just don't let them sit in deep standing water for too long
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drilled holes in the sides of my trays about 1.5 inches from the bottom. that's how high the water level gets when it rains [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to check on my plant in the morning, it's still raining even when I posted this thread about 6 hours ago, it rains, then it stops, then it rains again. Well, nothing bad probably and now I won't have to give them water for at least a week [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]