User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Propagating D. binata (multifida extrema)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 28 2005,12:24)]Hold up there, varmint! Did you say the leaf was BURIED 1/2 inch deep? Won't get any plants that way if you buried them. Lay them flat on the soil surface. Cover only the ends of the cut leaf. I hope I misunderstood you. Otherwise, start over!
    No, the ROOT segment was buried 1/2" deep. I also have some leaf cuttings (D. capensis, D. capillaris) laid out on the soil surface.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Mar. 28 2005,1:50)]Easily produce more Drosera binata by floating leaves and flower stalks that are cut into pieces and floated in clear glasses of purified water kept in good light. All forms seem to respond the same. The time it takes before you see plantlets form varies, 2 weeks -- 2 months, approximately. I especially like this because it is easy to see the status of your cutting material and view any progress. Leaves usually produce more plantlets, but smaller, while flower stalk segments produce fewer, but larger plantlets.
    Well, I'll be trying this tonight with the flower stalk. I should get 6 or 7 one inch segments out of it. I'll float them in distilled water and see how they do.

Has anybody ever tried adding rooting hormone, superthrive or any other additive to the water? What was the result?

I'll have to try an experiment someday...
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123