What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera sessilifolia

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
So, a looooong time back- I was sent quite an assortmant of plants... Back then I could only grow dews in baggies... (I dunno why... they always died in my indoors growing area.. Now they are in the g/h and happy) Anyway, once I built the greenhouse, the dews were moved out and only a few plants were left in baggies... a few nep cuttings... other plants not in very good general health etc. I'm guilty of forgetting about these plants from time to time but when I remember I check on them and refill them with water etc. Today I was doing just that and found a pot of Drosera sessilifolia in a baggie that had fallen behind a stand that I use on the rack to put the pots closser to the lights. Needless to say... it was bone dry! took about 30 mins to get the mixture to accept water. But the plant doesn't tell any such stress....
dsessifolia.jpg

I was just impressed sorry for the long drawn out detailed story
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

Nice plant. Wish my burmannii attempts were like that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 17 2005,4:06)]Nice plant. Wish my burmannii attempts were like that
That's the biggest weed in my collection. Yes, even moreso than D. capensis (so far at least
smile_n_32.gif
) I just today transplanted this into new media and moved it out to the greenhouse... We'll see if it grows as easy as the other for me.
Andrew

I especially like the carpet of fungus growing on the surface of the media.

Joseph, let me tell you something else... Although I noted it took half a hour to get moisture into the media... After letting it sit for 40 mins (water above the top of media) and it did look wet... When I proceeded to uproot these plants to transplant... the soil was still bone dry. And very hard to break apart... Any idea what would have cause the medi to fuse together like this? A bi-product of the fungus?
Andrew

Back