What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera capensis flower

My plant have flowers and i was wondering how can i preserve the pollen for crossing with other species? And how do i cross them?
thnx

I guess cut the stalk and just save the stalk or cut one or two flowers off. Read this article for Drosera Cross Pollination.http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin/ib312/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=29;t=9521

You hardly need to save Capensis<span style='color:red'>[Edit: the "specific epithet" (second part of the species name) is never capitalized and always follows the genus name or abbreviation. Drosera capensis]</span> pollen mine flower all summer long and seed and pollen are a plenty.I have at least 50 of them in a very large bowl and they put on a good show every year.when there up and at it i will take some photos to show that its hard to beat a well grown Capensis<span style='color:red'>[Edit: the "specific epithet" (second part of the species name) is never capitalized and always follows the genus name or abbreviation. Drosera capensis]</span>.
Bye for now julian

Back