What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camale reproductive organ help

I have bugged Treaqum enough this week. Can anyone help me wiht my Drosera cmale reproductive organ? It is wilty during the day. I know it comes from South Africa so I thought it might like to be hot. Does anyone know about it? Do you think I should take it off the heatng pad? Or out of the water tray?
Gulfensis

What the? Why did it change the spelling of Drosera camale reproductive organ? Also I have wideleaf and alba

This is just too good to pass up! Um... I'm gonna go out on a limb, here, and guess that you were intending D. capensis. I speak from embarrassing experience - you missed an 's' in the spelling of capensis and the filter did ya worse. I should probably dig up the link to my faux pas!    
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

What was the question, again?

Okay, here's the link:

The spelling faux pas

Notice that my original spelling has heretofore been corrected, but the unedited version still resides in BigCarnivourKid's quote.

Enjoy a bit of levity!

I hope your right since I am sure I did not give him one of those (nor do they exist, I hope).

Uh Jimscott BTY that means " The spelling false not". It should not have the "pas"

Uhhh... it means "not to be done" I believe, faux is the verb IIRC from my school daze ......
biggrin.gif

either way...
What do you have as far as lighting is concerned??? Intensity and photoperiod both matter to some extent
How deep is the water??
Are you using R/O or distilled water??
These questions muist be answered before we can keep you D.capensis from wilting during the day

I would lay off the heating pad for starters. It's only 70 here but it is warm for other parts of the country.

lots and lots of light, leave it in the water tray(mine is in a 4.5 inch tall pot with a max water level of 2 inches, min 1/2 inch) normal house hold temps are fine, mine hits 60 on a regular basis with no harm done with highs of 90-95 on occation. it doesnt like really cold drafts(freezing air), i found that out the hard way this winter, they were a lil bit to close to a door to outside and they frost bit most of the leaves but they are going strong again. seriously though this plant will take as much light as you can give it. the top of my plants are 5 inches away from 4 four foot flourecents and LOVING it. its one of my favorite CPs overall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 21 2005,7:32)]Uh Jimscott BTY that means " The spelling false not".  It should not have the "pas"
Pardonez-moi mon francais!

I have had that "substitution" done to me in the past at least a couple of times. I thought somebody was just messing with me.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 21 2005,5:05)]This is just too good to pass up! Um... I'm gonna go out on a limb, here, and guess that you were intending D. capensis. I speak from embarrassing experience - you missed an 's' in the spelling of capensis and the filter did ya worse. I should probably dig up the link to my faux pas!    
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

What was the question, again?

Okay, here's the link:

The spelling faux pas

Notice that my original spelling has heretofore been corrected, but the unedited version still resides in BigCarnivourKid's quote.

Enjoy a bit of levity!
ROTFLMAO!!!
Oh my, you have no idea how much I cried when I read that Jimscott...

I am now fighting the urge to re-quote it, but I will not, for the sake of small children that may be roaming about...

You mean cry with laughter? I hope so! Life is tough. We all could use a little laughter.
smile_n_32.gif

In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, "That's funny, right there, I don't care who you are."

Back