What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some really good drosera<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Genus names are always capitalized, this should read, Drosera</span> pics for you, my previous ones were sorely inferior to (at least some of) these!

Daliciae.jpg

D. aliciae

Ddielsiana.jpg

D. dielsiana

Dspatulata.jpg

D. spatulata

Dpulchella.jpg

D. pulchella

Dvenusta.jpg

D. venusta

Dslakii.jpg

D. slakii<span style='color:red'>[Edit: spelling correction, should be D. slackii</span>

Dbinatadichotoma.jpg

D. binata (dichotoma)

Dregia.jpg

D. regia

Dcapillaris.jpg

D. capillaris

Absolutely beautiful. I am completely new to this so I am just taking in all the incredable pics! Very nice!

Id say that your D. venusta looks unhappy. I found that it grows best indoors under fluorescent light. D. venusta The leaves should be very upright and dewy. You might want to consider relocating yours.

Steve

First of all, it's recently purchased and going through shock. Second, it's a top down pic, so it's difficult to tell from that alone if the leaves are upright or not. I also recently transplanted it.

Daddyo- I'm glad you like my pictures. You should have seen my first ones, they were hideous, absolutely hideous. I've learned quite a lot.

Yeah I didnt need a slide rule to see its a top down pic. My only comment is that it looks unhappy. You live very near to me and I know from experience that it does not like full sun. I know other people who grow theirs in a greenhouse and they look beautiful, and others who grow dead plants in full sun. do what you will..  I wont bother you again with advice since you obviously do not need it.

Steve

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'm just saying that it is never going to be in it's best condition after transplant and transport. Just as a note, many of the plants were recently transplanted, so if they look unhappy, don't be surprised.

Dave

P.S. was that sarcasm? It's hard to tell in text. If so, i don't think i deserved it.
smile_h_32.gif

Hi,

I'm growing my Drosera venusta under as much light as possible. In summer some of them are standing in direct sun. In fact these are the nicest plants i have! I would definitely recommend growing it in full sun (i'm growing many of my south african Drosera like that). If they are used to it it is no problem. If you place a plant, that has received less light outside it might get burned. That the onliest problem i can think of.

I somehow doubt the identity of the last picture. It looks very much like Drosera spatulata to me. At least my capillaris do look different.

It was purchased from california carnivores, i don't think they mislabel often. It does look different from my spatulata, but it looks kinda similar too. I guess i may have to wait until it's larger, or until it flowers?

That is a beautiful photo of Drosera slackii.  It almost makes me want to break down and buy one!
smile.gif

Corey

I did too once i saw it.
biggrin.gif
 I was only disappointed that it doesn't get that large.
Well, i snapped more pics today, just two though:
Drotundifolia.jpg

D. rotundifolia

Dscorpiodes.jpg

I saw Rattler's scorpiodes pic, and i just had to top it.
smile_m_32.gif

Back